What Do I Need to Do to Make Changes to My Will?

There can be many reasons to make changes to a will. Maybe someone has passed on, who you were leaving property to, or different assets have been acquired. To make changes to a will, my suggestion, and I believe most attorneys would agree, is that you need a new will. Any changes to a will must be done with the same formalities of the original will. This means witnesses, at least two under New York State law, and properly done. To me that means it is done under the supervision of an attorney, like myself, sitting at a table with my staff as witnesses, notarized documents, and all the like.

Sometimes people say I can’t get to a lawyer. They want to make a handwritten change on a will. That poses great problems to the validity of the will originally, and any changes will probably not be on it. To make changes to a will, contact a lawyer. Contact my office and we will do a new will for you.

The law office of Weinstein, Chase, Messinger and Peters is composed of  dedicated and experienced estate attorneys. Set up your free initial consultation by contacting the law office, located in Brooklyn, New York. 

Address Icon

We Practiced Over 50 Years At
26 Court St.
Suite 1503
Brooklyn, New York 11242

Currently Practice Resides At
40 Wall Street, Suite 2744
New York, New York 10005

Phone Icon 718-304-0550
Clock Icon

9:00AM – 5:00PM

About Us

The personal injury law firm of Goldberg & Chase, LLP. in Brooklyn, New York represents clients throughout the New York (NYC) metropolitan area, including the five boroughs: Brooklyn, the Bronx, Manhattan, Staten Island, and Queens. The counties we serve include Suffolk County, Nassau County, Westchester County, and Putnam County.