What if I was misdiagnosed?

When you go to your doctor, you assume that they will diagnose you with the correct health issue. You trust in your physician to have an understanding of the deficiencies in your health and what you should do to overcome those.

One of the most commonly misdiagnosed issues is cancer. If your physician fails to diagnose you or misdiagnoses your cancer, this can have serious and life threatening consequences. If even the most minute sign or symptom is overlooked and you are not diagnosed when you should have been, the cancer can rapidly spread and progress.

If you find yourself in this incredibly unfortunate situation, you may be able to bring a lawsuit against your physician for failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis. You may be able to recover monetary damages for your hospital bills as well as pain and suffering that was caused by the medical malpractice that occurred.

Of course there are other forms of failure to diagnose or misdiagnoses. When a medical professional fails to do their job, they will have to pay the price because it can result in the serious illness or even death of a person that could have been less severe or avoided altogether.

Contact a New York premises liability injury lawyer at Weinstein, Chase, Messinger & Peters, P.C. with any questions you may have about your legal rights or to schedule a free case consultation and evaluation. Even more than Brooklyn premise liability attorneys, we consider ourselves client counselors. 

Address Icon

We Practiced Over 50 Years At
26 Court St.
Suite 1503
Brooklyn, New York 11242

Currently Practice Resides At
40 Wall Street, Suite 2744
New York, New York 10005

Phone Icon 718-304-0550
Clock Icon

9:00AM – 5:00PM

About Us

The personal injury law firm of Goldberg & Chase, LLP. in Brooklyn, New York represents clients throughout the New York (NYC) metropolitan area, including the five boroughs: Brooklyn, the Bronx, Manhattan, Staten Island, and Queens. The counties we serve include Suffolk County, Nassau County, Westchester County, and Putnam County.